Tuesday, October 2, 2007

jason Eisenberg the vietnam war

I would like to know why critics make a big deal regarding a controversal movie? I ask this because they should know that directors write the movie in their best interests. Whether it be making more money or etc. I would also like to know if you think the government should try to sensor a movie they thought could turn out to be controversial?
When I think of the Vietnam war I think of controversy. I think of it similar to the war in Iraq. Many times when i am watching the news I hear negative references about Vietnam when they are talking about the Iraq war. Many people were opposed to the Vietnam war similar to the Iraq war today. Most of the country today is opposed to the war and I image it was the same back then. The opposing political parties were also against the war. Over one million people died in the Vietnam war. Many people questioned the intentions of the war thinking maybe it was for political purposes not military. I feel that if it were for political purposes it is a crime giving all those soldiers that risked their life for America for no reason. Many government officials even admitted later on that the war might have been a mistake. The Vietnam was from my knowledge was North Vietnam against America and southern Vietnam.
I never learned about the Vietnam war in school. My friend who is into past wars told me about the war. When I was told about the War I felt that like today America had domestic issues that they should have taken care of before worrying about a different nation. I have never seen a movie about the Vietnam war and given what I know about the war I would not want to watch one.

2 comments:

ADANGELO100 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ADANGELO100 said...

I agree with your opinion that America should take care of domestic issue before subjecting million of men and women to death. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "Many people questioned the intentions of the war thinking maybe it was for political purposes not military." But , yes, the Vietnam war was a mistake. I would like to hear 3 good reasons why it wasn't a mistake. I also like your question. I wonder the same things. A director is going to make a certain movie for certain reasons. If people don't agree with his view then they should just not see it instead of complaining because complaining doesn't solve anything. I also like your question about government censorship.